If you believe that Italian Meatballs are good only for a hearty meal of Spaghetti with Marinara Sauce, you are monstrously mistaken, gentle reader. Because I am here to tell you that one can take these same readymade hearty Italian Meatballs and do with them something completely unexpected and extraordinary.
And what might that be, you ask? Well, here’s what– and let me present this as if it were a recipe:
- Take those meatballs and toss them into a skillet. I always like to add some water to recondition them and let the liquid evaporate and/or be absorbed into the balls.
- When they’re “done”, cut them up into four parts each so they’re nice bite-size pieces.
- Next, take a good dollop of that handy Garlic-Chilli Paste (that you must always have in your refrigerator), and add to your skillet with a tsp. of oil so as to fry it a little before you stir it up with your meatballs.
- Next open a bottle of a fine Salsa— I prefer one with chipotle peppers, black beans and corn. Toss into your skillet and stir-fry on a high heat.
- Now: on the side, in the microwave, you ought to have baked a few Yukon Gold Potatoes in the microwave. Cut these up into small chunks, and add to your meatball mixture
- Stir some more, and then cover lid and simmer for a bit
- Turn off heat, set the table, and serve with Rotis or Rice.
Mmmm! I believe the Italians would say Buon Appetito! but around these parts we say Yeh Hui Na Baat!