The grand opening of Summer 2011 took place this past weekend in our household with the usual flourish in the kitchen and the backyard. In marinating our meats, and firing up the grill. Not to mention in readying all the various and sundry sides that are an absolute must for a meal like this.
- Burgers like you’ve never seen before. Because they came with condiments like Mint Green Chutney and Macedonian Ajvar and fresh slices of red onion, beef-steak tomatoes, and the creamiest avocado, all delicately placed one on top of the other on sesame-seed buns and whole-wheat bagel-style buns
- Grilled Teriyaki-Ginger-Chilli Chicken
- Fresh home-made Pita Chips with three kinds of dip: the Ajvar, a yogurt-based Raita-style dip, and a no-nonsense Guacamole
- Pull-Apart Garlic Bread for the three dips
- Pan-Fried Chili Roasted Potatoes
- Home-made Sangria w/ Merlot, Fresh Fruit, and Club Soda
- Mixed Fruit Punch
- Milk Chocolate Sundaes made with home-made Milk Chocolate Brownies and the store-bought Vanilla ice cream
And here’s how you build a burger!