That’s right, I like them sunny side up– my eggs, that is. But I like the yolks set so they’re done but not all the way: just so, if you know what I mean. And my Indian-style of making them goes like this:
- Heat up a frying pan and put in a tablespoon of oil or butter into it
- Add finely chopped green chilies to the oil so they instantly begin to splutter
- Break your eggs into the pan– I do four at a time in mine
- Sprinkle salt on top
- Cover the pan and simmer for a couple of minutes (you can add a tsp. of water before you cover if you wish)
- Remove lid and serve right away
These pictures are from a quick-and-easy breakfast last week. The eggs have infused the heat of the green chilies, and are so scrumptious you can easily inhale more than one. I cut out a small piece of cheese and served it with a roti. Didn’t take long for it all to be gone!
Like we say around here: Yeh Hui Na Baat!